Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks

Romanians

We witnessed a mugging on the sea wall path from PC to Amadores beach about 22.00 two weeks ago close to Bahia Blanca, at a position where the lighting had failed. Two teenagers knocked over a man & stole a bag that his wife was carrying, they looked like local
    lads as they passed us, but on reflection could well have been Romanians.
    We never walked that path again after dark.

Take Care.

Top Cat
    :glare:

Thanks
    Romanians don't normaly use violence,they work in a way that they are more the "snake in the grass" kind of character.(ie pick pockets and steeling your bag without you noticing!
    The days of muggings are a few years ago now,yes we have the odd problem now and again but most of that has been cleaned up by the police and tougher penalties in the courts.
    Becareful of the "gang" playing the "dried pea and wallnut" trick on the walkway and subways too.
    There will always be crime,but the police have it quite controlled now,it is certainly a far more serious issue in the uk,from what i am reading on the bbc news website.
    Marcus (with one hand on my wallet and the other..................... x)

Thanks
    Becareful of the "gang" playing the "dried pea and wallnut" trick on the walkway and subways too.

Don't want to appear thick or anything but what is this trick Marcus ??:banghead: ??

:sadguy: If you see someone without a smile - Give them one of yours! :D

Thanks
    one of the oldest cons, 3 small cups and dried pea guess which one its under starts off very easy you keep winning they even give you money to start with then they up the stakes when you start playing with your own money thats when you get ripped off, saw one person lose 200 euros. Normally about 4/5 people standing round the table cheering and tempting others to try their luck problem is they are all in on it and can get very nasty when you dont pay up. As marcus said normally found under the subway as they have look outs either end.
    Paul.

Thanks
    ahh now I know what you mean, this scam was shown on tv a couple of weeks back.
    Thanks for enlightening me :thumb:

:sadguy: If you see someone without a smile - Give them one of yours! :D

Thanks
    With this trick they can also pick pocket the crowd watching - and even people just passing by as they are distracted when wondering what has gathered a crowd.. They only need you to be distracted for a few seconds.:glare:
    :grouphug:Love, Chris

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    one of the oldest cons, 3 small cups and dried pea guess which one its under starts off very easy you keep winning they even give you money to start with then they up the stakes when you start playing with your own money thats when you get ripped off, saw one person lose 200 euros. Normally about 4/5 people standing round the table cheering and tempting others to try their luck problem is they are all in on it and can get very nasty when you dont pay up. As marcus said normally found under the subway as they have look outs either end.
    But in recent months have frequently of a morning been seen on the walkway to Ammadores.

Libbyo
    Comming home.

Thanks
    they were operating on the pr end of the walkway for all the two weeks i was there.
    amazing how many people were taken in by the gang of around seven people.
    two older men and four locals who take it in turn to have a go and win.
    then others try and always end up loosing.

Thanks
    Now viewers,as you know i don't discuss my "private affairs" on line with "the world"(inc work,love life or sex life):confused: but i thought i would just mention that as much as we discuss the various nationalities that are out and about thieving including our "Romanian friends"(those "snakes in the grass" viewers) That a young "British" guy has "just been" arrested in Puerto Rico for stealing whilst on holiday here.
    Just thought it would "even things" out a bit.
    Marcus x

Thanks
    hi marcus yes i agree that in puerto rico and other parts of spain you will get british people who steal and rob people , but in general it is gangs of romanians , kosovans and as you know to well the africans in the parks can be forcefull into you giving them money etc , all i know is that the majority of muggings pickpockets are done by gangs of these people not from britain in fact the majority of these gangs in england especially london are all from the balkans and africa and if the police gave the percentage you would be shocked to find out how few british people are involved in it and it would be the same in puerto rico if the police gave you the percentage there it would show that the majority would not be spanish its these peoples way of life and the only way to stop them is a severe punnishment:angry:
    i wish i was living in puerto rico:boozy:

Thread Information