Thanks

Thumbs up Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras = wonderful hotel!

Me and my husband just get back from a nice vacation at Gran Canaria. It was our first time there and we really had problem to choose a hotel, there are so many

Anyway, we choosed the Gran Hotel Costa Meloneras and it was a lovely hotel! The rooms was beautiful, big and clean, the housekeeping staff did a great job! We had asked for a quite room and we got that to.

The poolarea was amazing, lots of clean pools and jacuzzis. And a lovely garden, lots of palmtrees, flowers, etc.

We only had B&B so we only eat breakfast in the hotel. The breakfast was serverd from 8am to 11am and lots to choose from. The "peaktime" was 9.30am so try to get down before that time, calmer and nicer then.

The staff was nice and helpful. The most common guests was Germans, then it was British, Spanish and some Skandinavian guests.

If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this is the place/hotel for you. Even it's expensive it's worth every penny.

:thumb:

Thanks
    I would agree with all of the above, the only problem i had was when i got refused entry for dinner as i was smartly dressed in my Kilt and shirt and they had a sign on the wall that read "men must wear long trousers" although my wife would have got entry if she would have had a tartan skirt on, so it is not a very friendly hotel to personel from countrys who,s traditional dress is not quite long trousers, Scottish, Greeks, Canarians, Hawaiians etc etc.

So if you want dinner make sure you pack your long " donald wears yer Troosers " I won't be back in a hurry. Paul.
    :banana: Paulh:D

Thanks
    Hi Paul,

I'm SO sorry to hear that you couldn't wear your kilt for dinner! I understand that you think that the hotel isn't so frienldy to people who has their traditional dresses on. We only had the B&B so we didn't tried the hotel restaurants for dinner. Instead we choosed to eat out at the many nice restaurants at the breachpromenad. And we also went in to PDI for dinner at the HRC.

We are more to the easy/fast food, more than the fine cuisine. Our favorite restaurant was "The 19th Hole", it's a Irish pub/restaurant, lovely atmosphere, serving great food! And I bet they would serve you dinner at that place! I been to UK many times and I love the pubs, it's the whole atmosphere...

Have a great weekend!

Thread Information