Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touts

Thanks

Touts

My b/f and i have just returned from 1 week in PR. We had a great holiday, it's a great place.....but the one thing that we both absolutely loathed was all the touts outside EVERY restaurant and bar. They just hassle you to death, don't leave you alone and even follow you!!!!
    I know they're doing their job to earn a few quid but if someone says "no we're not coming in your bar/restaurant" then they should accept it at that and leave you alone.
    Because the bars and restaurants are all right next door to each other it's a case of you get rid of one tout and walk straight into another :wacko:

We actually got "hassled" from one end of a stretch to the other end by one english girl trying to get us into Harleys bar (we found them to be the worst and there are loads of them outside Harleys, OO7 bar and Covent garden).

On a positive note there is an Indian restaurant called The Happy Valley and it wa sone of the best Indian meals i've had - well worth it!!! :boozy:

Thanks
    Nothing changes...try the Europa Centre next time, you won't get anything like the hassle...

Thanks
    Or try Tiffs', a great welsh bar in the CC , not a tout in sight there especially if you approach it from the taxi rank side.

Cheers all

Steve.

Thanks
    thats why ive not gone this year. as i will be arrested for chinning someone.and i know a few people who gone elswhere this year coz they can do without the hassle.:angryfire:

Thanks
    For us its a case of head down, no eye contact, elbows out dragging hubby behind me till we reach restaurant choice for that evening.

Thanks
    Do these bars and resturants have any sense and see that they are actually driving people away...look at pickwicks ,biblos , etc packed out every night and not a tout in sight...

Thanks
    I've no objections to someone telling me about their menu etc but its as Karendb says - they won't take a polite no thanks for an answer. We decide where we are heading before we even get into the CC - take the route down the side to avoid going through the middle - straight up the nearest stairs to where we want to be and don't look up. Crazy isn't it?!!

Thanks
    Sounds more like a military operation than a holiday lol...

Thanks
    thats why my mate & me always stay up at the Europa center- you just dont get the hassle and there are some great places to eat & drink, if there is someone outside the restaurant or bar & you say "no thank you" they leave you alone.

On the couple of occasions have been down to Commercial center I adopt the "eyes down walk past" approach- or my mate & i just chat animatedly & completely ignore the touts- very rude I know but it does the trick!

Jane & Tracy

Thanks
    yes,and about twelve months ago it was illegal to have prs stood outside bars/resturants and doing so was supposed to result in a heavy fine,but,same as with the smoking,it lasts about a week. john.:veryangry:

Thread Information