Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks
    My girlfriend hates cockroaches and it could ruin our holiday if we found any, hope these tips work!

Thanks
    Well I'll certainly be buying the spray. I'll let you know on our return!! To be honest it certainly spoiled it for me finding one in the bedroom:sad:
    Ann

Thanks
    we had one in our room in febuary, it bit the wife's arm off.We are still going back for two weeks this saturday.

Thanks
    me thinks you jest..
    Mary
    The British Medical Clinic,
    Bungalows Martinica 19, Puerto Rico
    www.britishmedicalclinic.com

Thanks

When they fly

Quote Originally Posted by shirley
    Im not sure of the time of the year , But when the female ones are in season, They fly through the air. I hate that and keep the windows closed.
    The Fly time is late summer, when it is hot & humid. Yes its true to say they go for dark areas, it was posted a while back that cats eat them, so if your apartment has a furry friend, give it milk, it will help to wash them down, & the cat will never be far away for its next meal.

:thankyou:
    Top Cat

Thanks
    If they bother you that much then maybe you should try and get some sort of help. Seems like you'll worry so much you won't enjoy you're holiday at all. I used to be scared of spiders but now i pick them up and let them crawl on my hand. It's better to face up to something rather than let it ruining your life (holiday)...remember you're far bigger than the little buggers...lol

shirley Guest
    Problem is if you feed a cat on this island, you then end up with a dozen or so cats hanging around to be fed, They will eat the cockroaches, But then you end up with cat fleas from all the strays sleeping on your chaircushions on your balcony all night, and wakening you up fighting over those cushions to sleep on, at 4 oclock in the morning.

Thanks
    Spot on Shirley, i know to my cost...think i'd rather have the odd cockroach

shirley Guest
    Afraid its back to the sprays, along the skirting boards across all doorways on the floor, but leave doors and windows open to let the fumes out.while you do it ,and do the balcony as well. (Should hold them off long enough for a holiday.)I dont have them myself in the countryside, as all the lizards in the stone walls around eat them.But i still spray regulaly. just in case. I can swear ive not had one in my house, i make sure that they cant fly in just in case as well.Dont worry about them and have a nice holiday.

Half here in Playa & the other half in England.
    Thanks
    We had a couple fly in during May - Hadn't realised they could fly until a few months ago. We spray our door threshholds every so often & it usually does the trick. But when it is warm you don't want to be shutting the balcony doors. We were just pleased we spotted the last one that flew in as we were due to fly home the next day - Heaven forbid if it had unloaded it's eggs in our appartment - I would have freaked!!!!!

:banana:

Thread Information