Thanks

building materials

Hi
    Does anyone know what the name is in gran canaria for finishing plaster. Need to skim a few walls.
    Thanks
    Linda & phil.

Thanks
    From my Spanish dictionary I reckon it's "Pulido Yesero" ??????

shirley Guest

finishing plaster

Hi, The spanish do not use finishing plaster, their sort of plaster is of a different consistency, to english plaster and they put it on with a machine.(Very difficult) to use in this heat by hand.
    However, you can get German finishing plaster,now.(Just recently )plus plaster boards. (The same as the english stuff ),At OQUENDO AND ZAPATA:SL: About two streets back From( BANOS ARINAGA) on the ind estate just past vecindario.(At the end of vecindario high street towards las palmas on the back road )(You will see Banos Arinaga quite a big place who sell bathrooms and tiles ),They have just moved address to there from elsewhere.( So im not sure of the street name just yet.) They do wonderfull cornice, and ceiling rings there as well in plaster.If you just ask for the name and say for MOLDURAS, OQUENDO AND ZAPATA S L.Somebody will direct you to there. (Probably you will never find finishing plaster in your local ferreterias).They dont skim walls here like we do in england, hence the rough looking walls.We actualy shipped some english plaster over about 4 years ago as we couldnt get any here.But now they are stocking the german plaster and finishing plaster at the above place.You are lucky, because they only started doing it a couple on months ago.

shirley Guest
    SORRY! Plaster is( ESCAYOLA )in spanish You need to ask for ALEMAN ESCAYOLA. ie: german plaster.

shirley Guest
    PS they also use the word.( YESO) for plaster As i said the plaster here is of entirely a different mix and consistency, They just put it on by machine but the dont finish it off like we do in england with (thistle) It is very frustrating here for things like this. But anyway good luck at this place, my man tells me they had some last time he was in.A couple of weeks ago.

Thanks
    Thanks for that imformation shirley, You've been a great help. Will search the place you recomend out, and try to get some. Thanks tony, for taking the time to look up the word for me.
    Linda & phil.

Thread Information