Thread: Bars

Thanks

Bars

Could anyone please suggest a good bar for me and the wife away from the gay area please, never been to playa, tried on another forum to ask but was rudely spoken back to:veryangry:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mick58
    Could anyone please suggest a good bar for me and the wife away from the gay area please, never been to playa, tried on another forum to ask but was rudely spoken back to:veryangry:

if you stick clear of the yumbo which is the gay centre and the cita centre you will find a lot of bars , try the Kasbah or Gran Chapperal , what hotel are you in that will help as to where to direct you

:boozy: :boozy:

Thanks
    The three centers together - Kasbah, Metropole & Plaza - is the area to head for if you're looking for a more clubby atmosphere around the bars and also that's the area where most of the clubs themselves are. The Yumbo center is where the gay nightlife happens but couples and even families are always around the bottom level to watch the La Belle drag show from around 11:00pm for a couple of hours. The other centers are very family orientated and quite a few of the restaurants around Playa del Ingles also have some form of entertainment going on during the evening. The Annexo II is a nice center to head for as it's right on the beach - more of a place for a bit of peace and quiet down there though.

this is what owen has written on his main bit of the site http://www.canaryforum.com/gc/bars.html

Thanks
    Cheers for the reply mate, staying at Montemar.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mick58
    Cheers for the reply mate, staying at Montemar.

not going to pretend i know the hotel or the town only stayed once in Maspolomas a few years ago but i am sure that you will be ok , as i said for what you dont want stay clear of the yumbo and cita and use the other centres or use bars not in the centres :boozy: :boozy:

Thanks
    There are plenty of bars in The Kasbah and Gran Chapperal centres to suit all ages. We used to spend a lot of time in an Irish Bar in The Kasbah. I just cannot remember the name of it, I'll have to ask Mrs KT. It was a really friendly pub and the age group was always mixed. The bars in the Gran Chapperal tend to go down the entertainment route, i.e. Comedians, singers and various other acts.

I'm sure you'll find something to suit.

Thanks
    :boozy: Cheers K T,

Thread Information