Thanks

I want to book a holiday asap

I was on here a few months back trying to get some info on where to choose for my holiday.We had originally planned to book for summer but due to a family members illness we thought it in bad taste to just up and leave,no matter.We have started looking again but getting lots of mixed reviews on different hotels we have been looking at.There will be 3 of us going,2 adults and 1 child(7yrs old) I would have like to get a nice holiday booked last minute before she goes back to school but thats not looking unlikely as there are only 4.5 weeks left of summer hols.We are willing to go septemeber/october if need be cause weve been at the end of september before and the weather was fab. Is september and october generally still warm and sunny?

If anyone knows of any good booking sites please let me know, we went to thomson and thomas cook travel agents the other day and they were very rude!

Also any recommendations on where to stay,also much appreciated.

Thanks
    Altamar apartments are a good choice as are the RIosol both in Puerto Rico and are up by the Europa centre, I know you can book these on the Thomas cook website but if you want to you can always do it yourself. We have used Travel Republic, Alpharooms and UlookUbook. Weather wise a friend of mine went in late sept and said it was too hot for them, so that looks good. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Alpharooms.com have some great prices for all resorts on the Island, as do the following:

holidaynights.co.uk
    sunshine.co.uk
    freshholidays.com

I usually always travel mid September, and the weather is glorious in my experience, and the perfect temp - not too scorchingly hot, but lovely and sunny and warm still, plus you have the added bonus that it is not as crazy busy with tourists. I have visited in October too, and again it is still warm and sunny.

I would strongly recommend avoiding the tour operators unless you find an amazing late family deal with one of them, as you generally pay for more than what you really need (for things like rep service for example)

Much better to do it all yourself separately IMO!

All the best!
    Last edited by claire1967; 2nd August 2012 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks
    We normally go to P.R. in late September and over the last 10 years have had wonderful weather. Warm and dry with lovely long and warm evenings after a sunny day.
    Grahame
    (AKA thewrinklyrider. I am old and ride a big motorbike)

Bristol uk,where i would rather be over in gran canaria
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by victor64 View Post
    Altamar apartments are a good choice as are the RIosol both in Puerto Rico and are up by the Europa centre, I know you can book these on the Thomas cook website but if you want to you can always do it yourself. We have used Travel Republic, Alpharooms and UlookUbook. Weather wise a friend of mine went in late sept and said it was too hot for them, so that looks good. Hope this helps.

can only echo the part about travel republic have for years found them so cheap our latest booking if i had gone direct to the rocamar would have been double what travel republic so a no brainer
    Louise

Thread Information