Thanks

Lightbulb quiet coastal holiday village

Hi all,

My husband and I have been looking at potential places to go on holiday but we aren't keen on the more touristy places. We enjoy quiet coastal villages which gives us the opportunity to sunbathe, go for walks and appreciate a nice quiet break from the norm of the UK.

We have previously visited el cotillo in Fuerteventura and very much enjoyed it however we though it may be nice to try somewhere else in the canaries.

We very much enjoy a relaxed and laid back scene and don't mind nudist beaches. We like places which perhaps only have a few restaurants and tapas bars. We particularly enjoy local seafood.

If anyone has any ideas of villages or towns within the canaries which may suit us please reply to this thread. Unless you really don't want to share your secret hideaway!!!

Thanks,

Luisa

Thanks
    I think somewhere like Agaete (AG-AH-ET-EH) or perhaps Arinaga may well suit you, both are on the coast with great seafoods available and are not at all tourist destinations. Both are totally Canarian although Arinaga is up and coming and is very near to the airport. Agaete is in the N West of the island and it is the one I'de choose.

Thanks
    I just got back from a trip to Agaete, and I would definitely recommend it. There are many nice bed and breakfasts, and it makes for a very relaxing vacation to be had. You will be amazed with the restaurants there, and make sure you try the langostinas (amazing shellfish).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by austin66 View Post
    I just got back from a trip to Agaete, and I would definitely recommend it. There are many nice bed and breakfasts, and it makes for a very relaxing vacation to be had. You will be amazed with the restaurants there, and make sure you try the langostinas (amazing shellfish).
    I cannot remember the name of the restaurant, but I know that the head chef had previously worked at The Michelangelo Hotel NYC. Does anyone know the name of the restaurant? I would like to recommend it to a friend. Thanks!

Thanks
    I agree about Agaete but it in Gran canaria lol
    Look at Teguise, a small inland town with cobbled streets. Hunt down La Cantina - lovely little restaurant.
    Famara has great accomodation but its more for the walker or surfer

Thanks
    we have stayed at the Hotel Playa La Arena a few times. It used to be exceptional quality but has changed hands a couple of times. It still provides a good service but has lost some of its gloss for us.

Thread Information