Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks
    As if things weren't bad enough!!!???

Another part of the new tourist laws - if an apartment complex doesn't rent out at least 75% of the apartments to tourists then it can't rent out any of them, they'll have to become residential.

So, if you own a private apartment in a complex where very few tourists usually stay, chances are very high there will be inspections from now on.
    www.canaryforum.com/2 for Travel Services

Thanks
    Blimey, that sounds like they are just shooting themselves in the foot though, doesn't it ???

Saying, 'if you don't rent out 'X' amount, you can't rent any?' Surely some revenue is better than none, isn't it?

I'm no mathematician or anything, but just guessing! (or am I missing the point?)

Thanks
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ced-years.html
    Britons facing £15,000 fines in Canaries for letting homes and breaking a law that's not been enforc
    www.dailymail.co.uk
    The regional government is sending out teams of inspectors to check if foreign nationals have written
    Britons facing £15,000 fines in Canaries for letting homes and breaking a law that's not been enforc
    www.dailymail.co.uk
    The regional government is sending out teams of inspectors to check if foreign nationals have written permission to rent out their properties...
    LikeUnlike · ·Unfollow postFollow post · Share · Thursday at 10:42.

Thanks
    I think but may be wrong, it is supposed to be, that if you have a block with 100 apartments at least 75 must be available for tourists to rent if you are registered as a tourist property if less than 75 are available you can not be registered as a toursit property which can have an affect on taxes,electricity meters, water supply, insurance etc It seems to be aimed at blocks that are registered as guest/tourist accommadation but occupied by long term renters or owners who are renting out their property short term to holidaymakers and not paying tax

Thanks
    There have been hundreds of fines issued in Tenerife. The gobierno have a team of 17 inspectors trawling through online sites gathering information. I have the name of a very good website whose owner is very knowledgeable on the subject. If anyone wants it, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
    I could post it here but I don't know if that would be against forum rules???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palbar View Post
    I think but may be wrong, it is supposed to be, that if you have a block with 100 apartments at least 75 must be available for tourists to rent if you are registered as a tourist property if less than 75 are available you can not be registered as a toursit property which can have an affect on taxes,electricity meters, water supply, insurance etc It seems to be aimed at blocks that are registered as guest/tourist accommadation but occupied by long term renters or owners who are renting out their property short term to holidaymakers and not paying tax
    I think it is 50% plus one. The law is aimed at people letting short term i.e. less than 6 months, on residential complexes.

Thanks
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ced-years.html
    www.dailymail.co.uk
    The regional government is sending out teams of inspectors to check if foreign nationals have written
    www.dailymail.co.uk

Thanks

Villas to be made legal!

Recent laws have had thousands of property owners in a panic as they were making it impossible to rent private properties to tourists.

Whilst the new laws remain in place for apartments in complexes, they are about to change it for private villas.

An estimated 5,000 private houses / villas around the Canary Islands may be granted permission to operate as holiday villas if correctly applied for with the government.

This is good news all round as it means some control over standards and safety, much needed revenue for the government and of course much needed revenue for the owners who rely on tourists to pay their mortgages.

More info here (local paper translated via google)
    http://goo.gl/QvCdT
    www.canaryforum.com/2 for Travel Services

Thanks
    Thats great news
    Mary
    The British Medical Clinic,
    Bungalows Martinica 19, Puerto Rico
    www.britishmedicalclinic.com

Thread Information