Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

iphone mugging???

i am going to gran canaria in july and i have an iphone i have heard reviews people beat you up in the yumbo for them is this true ? if not will leave in in hotel and take my old phone out

Thanks
    Seriously? Where have you heard that?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chorlton View Post
    Seriously? Where have you heard that?
    yea....I would like to hear where that come from too................
    apt pics at www.rabcpics.co.uk

Thanks
    Just checked the recent TA reviews and nothing on there that I can see. We did have a thread a while ago about personal safety and not wandering the streets on your own late at night but that advice applies as much in Manchester as it does in GC.

Thanks
    i read a few reviews on trip advisor here is one of the reviews i read.........
    Be very careful if you visit this area as many of the yumbo visitors are targeted by muggers i have known been to have their bones broke and even one guy got a fractured skull due to him playing with his iphone.
    watch out for many of the bar owners short changing you even though you are being charged double the amount compared to other bars......
    thats why i am thinking should i take my old phone out insted of my iphone s dont really want 2 get beaten up for a mobile phone

Thanks
    I think that you will find the yumbo to be far more safer than the streets of manchester.............do you carry your iphone in manchester if so then theres your answer
    apt pics at www.rabcpics.co.uk

Thanks
    i do and im on my 4th iphone from it being robbed in manchester i was just asking a question hence i don want anoter iphone 2 get robbed so asked should i take my other phone with me thats all as been reading loads of reviews about the yumbo centre and i am gonna be there everynight lol so wanted 2 make sure me and my phone will be safe

Thanks
    That's one review out of lord knows how many. You're more likely to lose it on Deansgate on a Sat night. Like I said earlier. Be aware of your personal safety. Use a licensed taxi. Don't walk back to your apartments on your own. Always get a safe and use it.

If you would feel better taking your older phone for your own peace of mind then do so. You could always take both and leave your iPhone locked in your safe on a night.

Thanks
    Yeah true I will prob do that :-) my hotel is just cross road from yumbo but there will be 3 of us what's good

Bristol uk,where i would rather be over in gran canaria
    Thanks
    heard of an awful lot of complaints about muggings and break ins latley for my liking were also in two minds as we were going to take our blackberrys and our laptop but probably wont now
    Louise

Thread Information