Thread: Tobacco prices

Thanks

Tobacco prices

Last October we brought back 2 packs of tobacco for our son as we donít smoke. It cost us 12.50 Euros for a pack of 10 Turner rolling tobacco. The same tobacco cost us 25 Euros this time around, thatís doubled inthe space of 7 months. At this rate heíll be paying for his own tobacco in September.

Thanks
    As with everything it depends where you buy it! many places are still very cheap, however, the IGIC has recently increased here, so many items have risen in price :-)

Thanks

Thanks
    We normally get the heads up from Cath in Buddies were to find the cheapest tobacco. Brother in-law and his wife smoke and take quite a bit back. Cath told us it's gone up all over the island and the price is what it is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barnstyke View Post
    Last October we brought back 2 packs of tobacco for our son as we don’t smoke. It cost us 12.50 Euros for a pack of 10 Turner rolling tobacco. The same tobacco cost us 25 Euros this time around, that’s doubled inthe space of 7 months. At this rate he’ll be paying for his own tobacco in September.
    yes last sept it was as you say daz 12-50 then in march it was 21euros now in may you say it is 25euros it is still a lot cheaper than here in the uk we cannot get turner baccy where we live nearest to it is golden virginia at about 90 quid for the same amount

the IGIC which seems a law unto itself (here is the address to read up on it yourself ) especially the very bottom final exempt statement.

http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/tr...iaIGIC_ing.pdf
    a 50% rise seems to be way over the top but!!! then thats where a lot of traders will make their living from in the tobbacco and drink trade in the present circumstances hitting the tourist the hard bit to understand is you are only allowed 200 ciggies for export in the canaries but as many as you want from spain so why are they putting prices on a par with spain which is what a lot of the igic is about unless someone wants to explain to me that it is different.
    apt pics at www.rabcpics.co.uk

Thanks
    Although I don't smoke anymore, we usually take 400 back for friends.
    We usually find the best prices are in one of the two little shops down the back of the Spar at the lower end of the main Commercial Centre.

Good prices on spirits here too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barnstyke View Post
    Last October we brought back 2 packs of tobacco for our son as we don’t smoke. It cost us 12.50 Euros for a pack of 10 Turner rolling tobacco. The same tobacco cost us 25 Euros this time around, that’s doubled inthe space of 7 months. At this rate he’ll be paying for his own tobacco in September.
    We noticed that too especially with the Tobacco still cheaper than home and it would be even cheaper for me if I quit lol, which is waht I intend to do once ive smoked my last 200 cigs

Thread Information