Thanks

Pubs to watch football

Hi all,

Hope you are well. First post!
    Myself and my fiancee are going to Puerto Rico(booked into the eden appartments) with two friends.
    We are both big Hibernian fans and hoping we will be able to see the game next Monday. Does anyone have any idea if there is a Scottish bar, or somewhere that has ESPN to wathc the game?

Also any information on edn apartments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Thanks
    Yes all bars show all football matches you'll be spoilt for choice. Main Scottish bars are the "Highlander" (Rangers) and the Hoops (Celtic). both of these are on the upper level of the main commercial centre and both on the road side where the main taxi rank is located, just ask for directions once there very easy to find both. As you are staying at the top of the resort near the Europa centre you could try one of the bars there. Russ who runs Exrteeemz on the lower level at the rear facing the car park has all the football on, he's a big Spurs fan. You can get a happy hour beer (late afternoon) in here for around 1 euro/pint.
    Last edited by BIG TONY; 30th April 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TONY View Post
    Yes all bars show all football matches you'll be spoilt for choice. Main Scottish bars are the "Highlander" (Rangers) and the Hoops (Celtic). both of these are on the upper level of the main commercial centre and both on the road side where the main taxi rank is located, just ask for directions once there very easy to find both. As you are staying at the top of the resort near the Europa centre you could try one of the bars there. Russ who runs Exrteeemz on the lower level at the rear facing the car park has all the football on, he's a big Spurs fan. You can get a happy hour beer (late afternoon) in here for around 1 euro/pint.
    Tony,

Thank you very much for your response. This is much appreciated. Just sent a message to xtreemz bar on facebook.

Are you situated in puerto rico or back here in the uk?

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks
    No I'm here in Cardiff, honestly there's really no need to shop around to see your match they're all football mad over there. Russ in Extreeemz has about 10 televisions and screens in the bar showing them all on different channels, enjoy mate and there are actually 3 x e's in Extreeemz it's not my typing l.o.l. !!!!!!!

Thanks
    When you get there go ask Russ or his staff if they will show the game you want. They will if they can get it. Other option is to sak big Alex who rund the smuggler inn at the small pier next to Harbour Lights. Both these bars show football as well. Or ask Helen (Alex's Mrs) at the Highlander. The Hoops will help to i#m sure but have not tried them.

As for the Eden its very basic but clean and only a short walk to the Europa centre. Travel agents here seem to think its three stars but I'd struggle to give it One but should still make a good base to go out and enjoy your self.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Heron View Post
    Hi all,

Hope you are well. First post!
    Myself and my fiancee are going to Puerto Rico(booked into the eden appartments) with two friends.
    We are both big Hibernian fans and hoping we will be able to see the game next Monday. Does anyone have any idea if there is a Scottish bar, or somewhere that has ESPN to wathc the game?

Also any information on edn apartments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andrew
    I suppose being on holiday will soften the blow of your team being relegated...LOL
    "Don`t wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the Bloody thing."

Thanks
    Just about any bar will show the football, my favourite for comfort would be the side bit (not the main room) of the Barbacoa which is only about five minutes walk from the Eden in the Europa Centre, I almost always stay at the Eden cos yes the rooms are basic but the gardens, the staff and pool area are fantastic and drink is reasonable and the snacks are as good as any. The Europa seems to be going through a bit of a hard time numbers wise at the moment (still check out the Sportsmans Bar for a friendly pint) but you can head down the hill to the main commercial centre for between 3-4 euros each way in a taxi.

Thanks
    KT...maybe not eh haha,

Thanks everyone for the information. The Eden was basic, but staff where awesome very friendly and the entertainment was top notch.
    In the end we watched the game in the "stadium bar". First bar we came to that showed the game.

GREAT time had by all and we will be back there in October!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Heron For This Useful Post:

BIG TONY (14th May 2012)

Thread Information