Thanks

Mike Fairhurst (Sportsmans Bar)

Just got back from PR, and was sad to find out Mike has retired as owner of the Sportsmans Bar but at least we got to say Ta-ra to him, he said he has a choice of Wigan, Torquay or Florida, bet I know which is third choice.
    Been nice knowing you all these 13 years Mike, PR won't be the same but I think we have a good one in Paul Allen the new owner, see you next year Paul.
    Paul Donnelly100_2007.jpg

Thanks
    Is that the bar in Europa Centre that shows "Fools and Horses"?

Thanks
    The only bar i know of that shows only Fools and Horses is The Nags Head opposit Funny Boys on the top tier at the back of the cc pr

Thanks

Unhappy The moving on of a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcreen View Post
    Is that the bar in Europa Centre that shows "Fools and Horses"?
    Yes it is the bar in the Europa Centre. It is the second oldest bar in the Europa after Turbos. I have been a customer of Mikes since the early 1990"s. Recently he has not been too well of late and was feeling the strain when he kept open till 3.00 AM. But of course customers are so few and far between he felt obliged to do so. His wife used to work in the childrens department at Bahia Blanca, but she left there a few years back.
    When I was last with him in July he explained to me he was going to sell up. Sad he has gone, a very nice guy indeed.

Thanks
    Thank you queercus, very pleasant man

Thanks
    Yes it is sad to see Mike retire! Think you may have it wrong though about Paul being the owner. According to the Sportsmans Bar page on Facebook, a guy called Jim from Sunderland is the owner with Paul Allen as the MANAGER.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slaphead10 View Post
    just got back from pr, and was sad to find out mike has retired as owner of the sportsmans bar but at least we got to say ta-ra to him, he said he has a choice of wigan, torquay or florida, bet i know which is third choice.
    been nice knowing you all these 13 years mike, pr won't be the same but i think we have a good one in paul allen the new owner, see you next year paul.
    paul donnelly100_2007.jpg
    sportsmans page on facebook says paul is manager not the owner. Owner is jim from sunderland

Thanks
    Every thing written towards the end of this thread is quite correct. The new owners who purchased the bar in early October returned back to the north east at the end of October. They intend to come back to Gran Canaria next March.!!!!!!!. Good luck Paul.

Thanks

The Owner

Quote Originally Posted by focusMWD View Post
    Yes it is sad to see Mike retire! Think you may have it wrong though about Paul being the owner. According to the Sportsmans Bar page on Facebook, a guy called Jim from Sunderland is the owner with Paul Allen as the MANAGER.
    Thats what you get when you listen to a Bullsh*ter, I got fed a right line by a certain Bar MANAGER , Jim's a good lad who is keeping the Sportsman going, and long may it continue.

Thread Information